Monday, December 12, 2011

We Wish You A Merry Christmas

What an eventful weekend. Joel had two days off in a row. Praise the Lord. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, having him home with us. It was so nice to be able to wake up and make pancakes together and not be rushing around trying to get somewhere. I truly cherish times like these. Although, I can not complain. I feel more than blessed that Joel's work is still going steady because around this time last year he was already laid off.  We have ALL of our Christmas shopping done. We also made our annual trip to Hensler's to get our tree. We have been doing this every year since Kade was born, it's a Johnson family tradition. I just love having a real tree. There is something about the way it looks and especially the way it makes our home smell that makes me swoon. It is starting to feel so much more like Christmas around here. We also took the boys to see Arthur Christmas yesterday. What a CUTE movie. While Joel and the boys thought it would be fun to be one of the elves in mission control I would be satisfied with being Arthur, (in the beginning of the movie not the end), replying to all of the Dear Santa letters. What a fun job to have. Your day at work would consist of reading joyful, hopeful, letters and responding back with the most beautiful stationary, peppermint smelling ink, and glitter pens. Speaking of Christmas stationary I just love this little etsy shop and all of their whimsical designs.
Tonight I have a Women's Bible Study ornament exchange to attend. Can't wait. A bunch of lovely ladies gathering around for sweet fellowship and yummy treats =  a good time. I should get off here and get to baking. Hope you had a magical weekend as well.

P.S. Does your family have any annual Christmas traditions? If so I'd love to hear about them!

3 comments:

  1. We bake Christmas cookies every year. The kids love decorating all the fun Christmas shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! We go to Hensler's as well! I am starting a new tradition this year... A cookie baking party! I'm really excited! Love reading your blog, BTW! You are an inspiration to me! =)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a great time this year. :) I'd love to hear how your cookie baking party went!!! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to this playlist: the johnsons


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones