Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Christmas Wish


This year I only asked Santa for one thing for Christmas and that was to be able to stay home all day with our boys. I must have been good this year, because I got what I asked for and so much more. I am so happy to be creating precious memories with my children without the hustle and bustle that sometimes distract from the true meaning of the holiday. I loved watching them open their gifts and seeing their little faces light up. I also love the fact that they realize the true meaning of Christmas isn't found under the tree. Case in point, we have a book we've been reading every night at bed time for a few weeks now about the Christmas story. It tells of Mary and Joseph's journey to Bethlehem and Christ's miraculous birth. Well, last night as we were laying out the cookies (yes, I said cookies, the pie didn't go as planned) and milk he asked me, "Mommy can we leave the book out for Santa? That way he can know about Jesus!". That was the sweetest Christmas blessing ever. My little guy already sees the importance of sharing his faith and love for Jesus with people. Praise the Lord! I am so thankful for God's provision for my sin, the birth of my Savior, and seeing Him work through the lives of my children.
Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: the johnsons


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones