Monday, May 16, 2011

A quaint little place and a fun date.

A few days ago I took K on a date. We went to "A Step In Time" here in North Judson. What a cute little place. I loved the atmosphere there. I also swoon over any place jam packed with antiques as I try and find new/old favorites regularly. Well as soon as we walk into the establishment I start looking around a immediately spot two things I can not live without ( a little dramatic? Not I. lol.  ). I look down at K to ask for his approval and I realize he does not have any shoes on??? "Where are your shoes?", I probe kindly. "I took my shoes off in the house mom.", he replies. And then it hits me. This does look like a house and he is just being polite. He is taking his shoes off at the door like he would when entering any home. I just love his heart. And take a mind picture to remember this sweet event. I love how polite my boy is!

 I get his shoes back on and buy him a big delish ice cream cone and we talk. And I listen. I just sit there and live in the moment. Much of what I have been trying to do lately is be there present in each moment with my children. To stop the thinking about the next thing I need to get done in the day, the dishes, the laundry, and all of the other things that occupy my time and thoughts. And I just am. I am there with him. Paying attention only to him, the place, the icecream. I realize I haven't done this enough in my life. Its raining outside and I have an umbrella. I decide that we will not use it on the way back to the car we will run in the rain and splash in the puddles and I will be ok with the dirt, the wet, and the spontaneity. I laugh and K chuckles and there we are experiencing true joy together! Thank you God.

*image from weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: the johnsons


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones