Saturday, May 7, 2011

I get to. I get to LIVE.

" I wake wildly wanting to live. Physically feeling it in the veins trembling, the hard pant of the lungs, seeing it in the steady stars, how much I really want to really live. How I don't want to die. Is that the message of nightmares or dreams? To live either fully alive...or in empty nothingness?
It is the in between that drives us mad.
It's the life in between, the days of walking lifeless, the years calloused and simply going through the hollow motions, the self-protecting by self-distracting, the body never waking, that's lost all capacity to fully feel-this is the life in between that makes us the wild walking dead.
The sun climbs the horizon. I throw back the covers, take another breath, and begin. I get to. I get to live." -Ann Voskamp from "One Thousand Gifts"

I have been reading this book and I can't put it down. I am so thankful of this reminder today that life is a gift from God. Sometimes with all of the business and things going on around me I think life is something that I'm owed. Oh how easily we forget that God allows us to live here in this very moment and wants us to live our lives abundantly. I pray that we are not the wild walking dead. I pray that our family is always fully alive in Christ. Thank you Lord for this day.

*image from weheartit.com
*Thank you to a wonderfully sweet lady for this book. I can not express how thankful I am to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: the johnsons


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones