Friday, April 1, 2011

The un-perfect date & a heart of complaint.


Last night since K was staying the night away from home Joel and I tried to go on a date. I showered, did my hair/makeup, and got dressed up for the occasion. Got to look good for my man! :) Well our date night ended abruptly when our car broke down on 35. Great!  Good thing we have a cell phone. I get it out of the diaper bag and guess what it's dead. We are stuck and since it is dark nobody stops. So Joel, being the awesome husband he is, is going to run about 4 miles to the nearest place with a phone to call someone for help. Did I mention little D was with? Yeah, that made it all the more interesting. Someone finally picks Joel up and let's them use his phone and help finally arrives. I just had such a stinky attitude about the whole situation. It's not like Joel and I get many date nights. You know the whole, "why me?". Then I realized why not me?

I could have had a better attitude about the whole situation. I know that. A lot of times God isn't as concerned about what happens to us, it's more about how we react. Do you praise God just as graciously when storms arise or do you complain. I have a heart of complaint. Looks like that is something I will be working on. Thank you God for providing for us even when things are bad. Thank You for Your love and for Your precious Son. I do not know loss as You know it. I praise You today with a heavy heart.

image from http://www.weheartit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: the johnsons


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones